The Jennings' Jabber...a few of our moments, at least...

Monday, February 14, 2011

overdue

I'm not even sure where to begin. I thought that I'd be posting a lot, but life has sort of gotten in the way. I spend my days at school, chasing some really awesome 5th graders around and eating bon-bons (that's code for working my TAIL off, not getting a second to even sit down, and still having hours of work ahead of me at home). Then I pick up my own adorable kiddos, take them home and chase them around my dirty house until daddy gets home from work, or it's their bedtime...whichever comes first. On days when I'm particularly fried, I rely on the computer, not Calgon, to take me away. Shane calls me "gamer". I'm addicted to games on fb--I especially love Fluffy--it's kind of my escape. Line up and match colorful, cartoon birds...build goofy rooms in a birdhouse...repeat. Mindless, just what I am craving.

School has been a bit overwhelming to say the least. Like I said, I have an awesome class, and I love my school, but I'm still learning the new grade level. Thank goodness I get to work with my BFF...truly don't know what I'd do without her. :) I LOVE YOU NIKKI!!

My own kids are great, I'm the one who can't keep up! Calder is now 16 mo. old and unloading the dishwasher, opening the refrigerator, and climbing up on our counter-height stools are his 3 favorite things at the moment. Caydree would rather be playing outside with the neighborhood kids, than hanging with us in here. This just makes little bro jealous, so then we go outside too, and he is a train wreck because he wants to be just like the big kids. :( Poor baby...

No real big news health wise. Everyone bringing home, getting over, or spreading around some sort of cold/flu/bug at all times, but we are managing to stay pretty "well" all things considered! Calder hasn't really had any major injuries lately (KNOCKING ON SOME VERY HARD WOOD RIGHT NOW)...but I'll always keep you posted. He is one tough kid. I got a letter from Kaiser in the mail telling us that his pediatrician won't be working for them after this month. That was very sad news to us--we love her. So now we get to start over with someone else, or maybe just go with our amazing cleft team ped in San Diego. Farther to drive, but already knows our story. Don't know what we will do.

Calder is not really doing much talking. He can say a few things, but as soon as I tell someone he can say something, he never says it again. I personally think he is doing it to drive me crazy. I'm biased, but he is beyond smart and has the funniest personality, if we aren't staring in baffled amazement, we are cracking up. Tonight, Caydree sneezed and Calder just grabbed a tissue and took it too her. No prompting, no questions or comments, he just noticed. Mind you, this was in the middle of his favorite TV show, Yo Gabba Gabba...so the fact that he even heard her sneeze was pretty miraculous, so the tissue delivery just set me over the edge. ;) He is doing quite a bit of sign language, but everyone asks him so many questions that we eventually guess what he wants so he doesn't really need to rely on it for communication yet. It's saved a lot of frustration, but it's causing some too! I keep thinking that one day soon, he will just open his cute little mouth and entire sentences will pour out...a mother can hope...

He is actually pretty vocal, but I can't wait for summer when I can take him for some speech therapy sessions in SD. I will also be able to really spend some quality time with him really learning his speech patterns, etc. This part of being a working mom is hard. Who really knows what he's "saying" all day? I don't really think we are behind, but I just want to stay on track.

I will see if there are any new pictures on here to post...but no promises. I have a camera full that I need to download.


Caydree and "Fuzzy Heart" at the movies watching "Tangled"

Calder on his new "quad"

Here is a short clip of some of the basic signs that we use daily. He knows quite a few more, but these are his most frequent.

2 comments:

  1. Way to go Calder... those signs are awesome! Glad to see you all are busy, but doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kalissa, you may be busy but you seem to be doing such a great job with your little ones. Calder is growing so fast, and his signing is great. I love the story of the tissue. I look forward to those little moments only parents would appreciate. Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers, we truly appreciate them.

    ReplyDelete