The Jennings' Jabber...a few of our moments, at least...

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Thankful...

So, last weekend Calder burned his left hand pretty badly on the inside door of the oven. He is recovering from 2nd degree burns with Silvadine and bandages, and has taken every step of the way in stride. THIS kid is an absolute amazement to me...what a trooper! We are hoping that his hand will not need any reconstructive surgery, and have 2 plastic surgery appointments next week. One for a post-op palate check...and now one for the hand. I'm assuming that I'd better get used to it, he is a boy, and ALL over the place, so I'm sure it won't be the only injury we have to deal with. I'll try to update next week about the appointments. Our pediatricians have told us that burns take a long time to heal, especially when they are on the hands, so we will just have to wait and see what happens.

But, I really just wanted to get on here and say that I'm thankful for having such an amazing life. I run into situations all the time that put things back into perspective when they seem slightly askew, and for that also, I'm thankful. I have a wonderful husband, that I don't always appreciate like I should. I have an incredible 4 year old daughter who is truly "my best girl ever". My NAUGHTY little 13 month old boy, who lights up the room with his smiles and cracks us up daily. Our home, our jobs, our families, health, friendship...we are blessed beyond measure.

I am just thankful...

1 comment:

  1. Poor little Calder. It's amazing what little boys get themselves into. Hope he's doing okay, and you too since I'm sure you have your hands full. Have a great weekend, and I look forward to reading how Calder's appointments went.
    ~Lainie

    ReplyDelete