The Jennings' Jabber...a few of our moments, at least...

Saturday, December 12, 2009

The latest...

Well, it's been a crazy, hectic couple of weeks for me, getting back into the routine of school! I won't claim to be doing a good job, but there is only one week left before our winter break, so I think I can make it!

Calder is doing well...we had our 2 month check, and he dropped from the 27th percentile in weight down to below the 5th, so we are on a 22 calorie diet...adding 1/2 teaspoon of formula to every 3 ounces of milk. Hard to believe that it will really make that much of a difference, but I guess it does?! We go back to check weight again on Dec. 22, and will hopefully get our medical clearance for his upcoming lip surgery. We got our date, it will be Jan. 12. I have read, researched, and talked to others about the whole surgery experience, and I still feel like there are so many unknowns...I'm not a wreck about it yet, but give me time...

It IS the best thing for him, and he will not remember this part, but obviously harder for us as parents to have to go through. I just love him so much exactly the way he is, it will be an adjustment. The surgery is my first day back to school after our break, so I will be taking at least one week off...maybe 2, we'll see how things go. I think my biggest fear is the recovery process. We've finally hit our groove, and I feel like we've been doing so well!! This is just going to start that whole process over again. We'll see, maybe it won't be as bad as I'm thinking...I can certainly hope!!

Well, it's extremely early on a Sat. night, and since everyone else is in bed, I think I'll go too! Hope to have a good news update soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment