The Jennings' Jabber...a few of our moments, at least...

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Day 2 and some pictures



So this morning I'm recounting the past day, and then I suddenly realize that it hadn't even been a whole day...not even 24 hours since this little man was wheeled out of surgery! No wonder he was still a mess! Time seems to just poke along, less than 24 hours seems like a week of torture! We feel like we've been living in 10-15 minute increments, we have a rotation to keep this little guy happy...hold him, swing, bouncer, "non-bouncy" exersaucer, hold him, stroller, lap, floor, play with soft toys, front pack, hold him, swing...the cycle continues!

He is doing a lot better today though! Starting to see more and more of the fun little smiley man we hoped would still be there!! We are struggling a bit with feeding, just not eating very much yet because he is uncomfortable, but every little bit counts. We are drinking a little juice too, hoping to move the poop issues along, because we all know that never feels good!

I thought I'd put some pictures up, so if I have time I will write more later on! Thanks to all for the thoughts and prayers, it has truly gotten us through!

Early in the morning, Wed. starving, but still happy!

Poor little man in recovery/post-op with daddy...

Looking pretty good, sleeping at least, on the way home. This is about 3-4 hours after surgery!

This is the morning of day 2, not even 24 hours after surgery...he is already
giving a glimpse of that new smile!
After all my fears and worries, I love it just as much...but I will NEVER forget his old one!

2 comments:

  1. He looks wonderful! I totally get missing the old smile, but loving the new one all the same. Hugs to you all.
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennings Family,

    I've been following you through the Sweet Caden blog. I'm Mary & Chad's neighbor. Your children are so adorable and so lucky to have you. And your little guy looks just as great in his new smile as he did with his old one. What a happy baby! Enjoy reading your journey..you are in my thoughts and prayers.

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete