The Jennings' Jabber...a few of our moments, at least...

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Nothing "New"

There is not much news right now, which is nice because things are good, but it also means that we are at a standstill. Our upcoming 4 month appointment on Feb. 6th is all I have to look forward to. And with that, I'm trying not to get my hopes up for anything related to surgery...last week our pediatrician called me and was excited about Calder's weight gain, BUT really hoped that we could get him into the 25th percentile before the surgery. Sadly, my little munchkins just aren't 25th percentile kids. Caydree never was, and I'm not going to assume that we can get there with Calder either...so hopefully we can just prove that the gain is dramatic enough, and CONSISTENT. That's what I thought they were looking for to begin with?!

Being the control freak that I am, this whole experience has been very difficult for me, I feel like we are doing all the right things, but still have no control. I know it will work out when it is supposed to, but putting it off just makes me crazy about all the other things in the future: his palate surgery, hearing and speech to name my biggest concerns. But, for now we just keep waiting...

So, my goal is to get more recent pictures of the chunky-monkey up here today...and maybe put the last of the Christmas decorations away...FOR REAL! Somehow, all of the things I still have control over aren't getting done either, so I don't know what my problem is!?

No comments:

Post a Comment